Evelyn’s House at Home
For more than three decades, BJC Hospice caregivers have helped patients navigate life’s journey with dignity and compassion. Since 2017, Evelyn’s House has provided a holistic approach to the emotional, spiritual and physical care of terminally ill patients of all ages, offering therapies for complex symptoms or respite in a home-like setting.
Now, the exceptional care provided by BJC Hospice at Evelyn’s House will be expanded across our community through Evelyn’s House at Home, a program developed to support patients who wish or need to remain in their homes despite their complex medical needs and symptoms.
The highly skilled clinical team, who has received specialized training at Evelyn's House, provides the following:
- Intensive in-home care with support from a physician and nurse practitioner who specialize in symptom management
- One-on-one care in continuous or intermittent shifts for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours a day
- Additional support from staff trained at Evelyn’s House including expressive therapists, music therapists, and others
- Hands-on care supplemented with the latest remote monitoring technology and virtual visits
Evelyn’s House at Home supports patients transitioning from an acute care setting as well as home hospice patients with high symptom burden. Our team gives caregivers the extra support they need to gain confidence in caring for their loved one at home, especially those patients with complex needs.
This enhanced clinical support service may help patients leave the hospital earlier, allowing more time at home with loved ones.
Indications for Evelyn’s House at Home may include:
- Uncontrolled pain
- Shortness of breath
- Intractable seizures
- Discharge from Evelyn’s House or a BJC hospital for patients with complex medical needs and high symptom burden
Your Evelyn’s House at Home care team may include:
- Hospice physician
- Nurse practitioner
- Registered nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Social worker
- Spiritual counselor
- Music therapist
- Expressive therapist
For more information on Evelyn’s House at Home, contact us at 314.872.5050.